Swimming Pool Rules
THE SWIMMING POOLS ARE UNSUPERVISED AND ST JULIANS DOES NOT HAVE LIFEGUARDS
- The main pool is heated from 1 April, and reaches 28 to 30 degrees Celsius during the summer. The children’s pools are also heated but tend to be cooler. The pool temperature will vary depending on the outside temperature so please check the blackboards in the pool area.
- For your own safety, please read the pool rules signs located in the pool area prior to swimming. Please also take notice of the pool depth markings.
- We recommend that you do not swim alone.
- It is essential that you supervise your children (aged 16 and under) at all times when swimming and when in the swimming pool area.
- No one under 16 may swim or be in the swimming pool area without the supervision of an adult Full or Country member, who must take responsibility for their conduct and safety.
- Diving is not permitted in the shallow end of the main pool for safety reasons.
- Diving is forbidden in the middle and paddling pools.
- Non-swimmers and learners, who are being supervised by a responsible adult, may only use the middle pool, paddling pool and the shallow end of the main swimming pool.
- Please refrain from running and jumping around the pool.
- Lilos, balls, flippers or similar articles are not allowed in the pool. Only non-swimmers are allowed inflatables to assist with their swimming.
- No-one may indulge in such activities as pushing or throwing others into the water, ducking or similar horse-play in or around the pool; no ‘bombing’.
- Please do not swim within one and a half hours after the consumption of food.
- Please do not consume alcohol in the pool area.
- Glasses, bottles and crockery are not permitted in the pool area. Plastic glasses and disposable plates are available from the bar.
- The fenced swimming pool area is non-smoking.
- In case of emergency please sound the alarm and use the phone by the pool to summon assistance.
The swimming pools are open to Full and Country members and their guests in a limited capacity as follows:
For each membership household up to four guests are permitted per day to visit the Club for swimming and/or tennis.
We only allow a limited number of guests per day at the Club to use the swimming pools/tennis courts. Guest’s use of the facilities cannot be organised on arrival. Members are required to telephone 01732 458261 option 2 to book and pay for their guests’ visit to the Club at least 48 hours in advance.
The fee is £10 per guest. Guest tickets will only be guaranteed when paid for and confirmed by email.
Guest tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
The guest(s) may only use the Club while the adult member is also present.
Please note that you are required to pay for guests in the fenced pool area or on the tennis courts even if they are not swimming or playing.
The swimming pools open on 1st April and close on 31 October (weather permitting).
Main pool 8am to 8pm
for swimming lengths only from 8am to 10am
for leisure swimming from 10am to 8pm
Slide pool & paddling pool 9am to 8pm
Please ensure that your family and any guests you bring know that our swimming pools are unsupervised and that we do not have lifeguards.
It is the adult member’s responsibility for their child and child guest’s safety while they swim and play in the grounds.
While swimming and playing in the pool area, members under 16 and guests under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult Full/Country member at the poolside.