Swimming Pool Rules
THE SWIMMING POOLS ARE UNSUPERVISED AND ST JULIANS DOES NOT HAVE LIFEGUARDS
- The main pool is heated from 1 April, and reaches 28 to 30 degrees Celsius during the summer. The children’s pools are also heated but tend to be cooler. The pool temperature will vary depending on the outside temperature so please check the blackboards in the pool area.
- For your own safety, please read the pool rules signs located in the pool area prior to swimming. Please also take notice of the pool depth markings.
- We recommend that you do not swim alone.
- It is essential that you supervise your children (aged 16 and under) at all times when swimming and when in the swimming pool area.
- No one under 16 may swim or be in the swimming pool area without the supervision of an adult Full or Country member, who must take responsibility for their conduct and safety.
- Diving is not permitted in the shallow end of the main pool for safety reasons.
- Diving is forbidden in the middle and paddling pools.
- Non-swimmers and learners, who are being supervised by a responsible adult, may only use the middle pool, paddling pool and the shallow end of the main swimming pool.
- Please refrain from running and jumping around the pool.
- Lilos, balls, flippers or similar articles are not allowed in the pool. Only non-swimmers are allowed inflatables to assist with their swimming.
- No-one may indulge in such activities as pushing or throwing others into the water, ducking or similar horse-play in or around the pool; no ‘bombing’.
- Please do not swim within one and a half hours after the consumption of food.
- Please do not consume alcohol in the pool area.
- Glasses, bottles and crockery are not permitted in the pool area. Plastic glasses and disposable plates are available from the bar.
- The fenced swimming pool area is non-smoking.
- In case of emergency please sound the alarm and use the phone by the pool to summon assistance.
The swimming pools are open to Full and Country members and their guests in a limited capacity as follows:
Full and Country members may invite guests for use of the swimming pools. For each membership household up to four guests are permitted per day to visit the Club for swimming (and/or tennis).
Please contact us by telephone on 01732 458261 option 2 to book your guests’ visit to the Club.
The fee is £10 per guest for swimming and/or tennis.
As we limit the number of guests permitted at the Club each day, guest tickets may not be available on the door.
Please note that you are required to pay for guests in the fenced pool area or on the tennis courts even if they are not swimming or playing.
Non-member guests may visit the Club up to four times in any year, with the view that they would be interested in joining in their own right after this number of visits.
The swimming pools open on 1 April and close on 31 October (weather permitting).
Swimming pool hours
Main pool 8am to 8pm (9pm May to September)
For swimming lengths only from 8am to 10am
For leisure swimming from 10am
Slide pool & paddling pool 9am to 8pm (9pm May to September)
Times may vary seasonally
Please ensure that your family and any guests you bring know that our swimming pools are unsupervised and that we do not have lifeguards.
It is the adult member’s responsibility for their child and child guest’s safety while they swim and play in the pool area.
While swimming and playing in the pool area, members under 16 and guests under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult Full/Country member at the poolside.